- About Us
- Board Members
- 990 Tax Form
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Our Efforts
- Get Help with SNAP Outreach
- Local Partnerships
- Helpful Resources
- How You Can Help
- Contact Us
S.O.S (Spring Onto Summer) Food Drive
This year’s S.O.S. (Spring Onto Summer) Food Drive is Saturday, April 9, 2016!
Our local pantries are hit hardest during the summer months. Children, who normally eat at school, are now home. Families are finding it harder and harder to provide nutritious food. Please help us keep the shelves stocked this summer! All donations benefit Waco-area food pantries.
Join us on Saturday, April 9th between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. at the following locations:
- Wal-Mart, 1521 N IH-35, Bellmead
- Wal-Mart, 600 S. Hewitt Dr., Hewitt
- Wal-Mart, 4320 Franklin, Waco
- Sam’s Club, 2301 E. Waco Drive, Bellmead
- Donations may be made on April 8th (not the 9th) from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. at Brookshire’s Food Store, 100 Peplow St., Robinson, Texas.
S.O.S or (Spring Onto Summer) is a food drive aimed at supplying food pantries with resources during the summer months when the need for food is much greater.
Food Pantries struggle to keep up with the demands of their clients during the summer because more kids are on break from school. When schools are closed during the summer many kids do not get the benefit of free or reduced school lunches and must rely on meals from home; this puts an extra strain on pantries to provide more food to these children’s households.